On Kurdistan mountains are left precious petroglyphs from ancient times carved on rocks and caves. My personal research suggest that they belong to different eras between 3000 – 10000 years ago drawn by Kurdistan's inhabitants.
In Iran, identification and study of rock arts almost started since 1969. in west of Iran, 4 areas in Lorestan, 2 areas in Hamedan, 2 areas in Kermanshah and 3 areas in Azarbaijan provinces have been identified so far for the first time in different areas of Kurdistan province such as Hawraman, Saral, Dehgolan, Karaftou and Ghomcheghai, I have been able to identify 15 locations with thousands of petrographs since summer 1998. they belong to different eras that are unique in West Iran. Its paper was published in May issue of 2004 of the International Rock Art Research of Australia. In the same year I was admitted as the first Iranian Kurdish researcher to the Australian Rock Art Association.
Work at hand:
1. Further identification and study of Kurdistan's rock arts to be published as a book supervised by Australia Rock Art Association.
2. Calling on the experts of the International Federation of Rock Art (IFRAO) to travel to Kurdistan to cooperate in studing rock art in this province with respect to current standards.
3. Calling on the Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization to from Iran's Rock Art Association to scientifically study all petroglyphs of Iran, a copy of which was sent to IFRAO and printed in Rock Art Research Magazine issue of May 2006.
4. Studying rock arts in west Iran and Kurdish regions.
5. Perparing a documentary on rock art, caves, shelters an hills of prehistoric Kurdistan.
6. Holding a photo exhibition on Kurdistan Rock Art.
Post box: P.O. BOX 733
Sanandaj . PC.66135
Kurdistan - Iran